Re: penguins & oil spills

From: Erich Hoyt (e.hoyt@virginnet.co.uk)
Date: Tue Jan 04 2000 - 13:04:19 EST

Grant,

Technically I'm not supposed to answer non whale questions, but I know that
there are many books available on oil spills, many of which would talk about
the effects on sea birds in general and some of which would talk about the
effects on penguins. You might start with a general reference such as:

MACMILLAN ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE ENVIRONMENT
Stephen R Kellert
800 pages, 6 volume set: col photos, illus, figs, tabs.
1997 Simon & Schuster / Macmillan, USA

Good luck!

Erich Hoyt

kburnett@whale.wheelock.edu