Re: question

From: Erich Hoyt (e.hoyt@virginnet.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jan 10 2000 - 18:06:44 EST

What do I like about what I do? Learning new and fascinating things, some of
which no one else or few other people know about. And I'm eager to talk
about it...

I dislike the struggle to find time to do everything I want to do.

I look forward to the day when we will be able to follow whales wherever
they go -- as deep, as far, as fast as they go, but without disturbing them.
Just being able to "be" with them. A little of this has been done with
satellite and radio tagging. Some of it is invasive, and it lasts only hours
or days and under only certain conditions.

Politics is part of life. No point liking or disliking. It has to be dealt
with.

What have I done in my field? Mostly writing and reporting, trying to
communicate the magic of it all. And not nearly enough...