blinking fish

From: Merel Dalebout (merel_dalebout@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jan 30 2000 - 01:27:11 EST

>I heard somewhere that there is only one fish that can blink both >eyes at
>once. Do you know what the name of it is? Thanks. Melinda.

Dear Melinda,

Thank you for your fish question. Unfortunately this is Whalenet and not
Fishnet (ha ha), and I am afraid to say I know nothing about this subject at
all. However, I did a quick search of the net, and found the Rutgers
University fish behavioral laboratory, where I think they will be in a much
better position to answer your question. The head of the laboratory is Dr.
Uwe Kils (kils@arctic.rutgers.edu). You could try asking him, although he
may be too busy to reply to e-mail. Alternatively, you could check out their
website at http://ecoscope.com

Good luck and sorry I couldn't help you more.

Cheerio

Merel

************************
Merel Dalebout