Evolution

From: Nancy Stevick (Nancy.Stevick@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 08:55:26 EST

-----Original Message-----
Date: 09 February 2000 05:59
Subject: help me

>I would like information about the whale's evolutionary process. It's
>real important for me because I must do a research paper in this topic
>to pass my evolution class and get my degree.

Hi,

There is a great deal of literature on whale evolution. Have you checked
your university library? Here are some references to get you started.

Gaskin, David E. 1982. The Ecology of Whales and Dolphins. London and
Portsmouth, New Hampshire: Heinemann.

Harrison, L. Matthew. 1978. The Natural History of the Whale. Columbia
University Press.

Harrison, Richard and Michael M. Bryden. 1988. Whales, Dolphins and
Porpoises. New York: Facts on File, Inc.

Slijper, Everhard J. 1976. Whales and Dolphins. University of Michigan
Press.

You should also search the primary literature for journal articles on whale
evolution. I don't have any relevent articles on hand just now, but you
should be able to find plenty of sources for your paper.

Good luck. You have chose a fascinating topic.

Cheers,
Nancy Stevick