marine mammal strandings

From: Nancy Stevick (Nancy.Stevick@btinternet.com)
Date: Thu Feb 10 2000 - 09:02:01 EST

On 9 February 2000, Mary Furrier wrote:
    Subject: marine mammal data

    Dear Ms. Stevick,

    I am a zoology student at Middlesex Community College. We are required to do a research project regarding an interaction between humans and animals. The subject I have chosen is: marine mammal strandings, what is the success rate of human intervention in saving these animals? Do you know of a website with specific data about recent marine mammal strandings in Massachusetts and how the animals are doing now? I will be able to obtain information on the actual strandings but the follow up data will be difficult to locate. Any information will be appreciated. Thankyou,

    Dear Mary,

    Look under 'Strandings' on the WhaleNet Index. There are links to various research organizations which respond to strandings. If these sites do not have the information that you require, I suggest you contact The Center for Coastal Studies in Provincetown or The New England Aquarium for additional information on their strandings.

    Good luck with your research.

    Nancy Stevick