marine mammal scientists

From: Howard Garrett (tokitae@pugetsound.net)
Date: Wed Feb 16 2000 - 01:30:32 EST

Hello,
    I have some questions that you probably won't be able to answer. They
are not about marine mammals, but about marine mammal scientists.
    You see, I am still in school and am doing a career project on marine
mammal scientist and what they do, what kind of tools they use, etc., and I'm
having some trouble finding the information I need and I would like to see if
you can help. Here goes:

What equipment to marine mammal scientists use?

What are their opportunities for advancement?

What are their duties and responsibilities?

Skills that provide training?

    I'm not even sure if you are a marine mammal scientist, but if you can
answer those questions for me I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
mandylee87@aol.com

The field is highly varied and there are many answers to your questions. I
suggest you look at the WhaleNet Resources page and see what you can find
out about marine mammal scientists.

http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html

Howard Garrett
Tokitae Orca Conservation Foundation