e.coli levels in fresh water (fwd)

From: Mike Williamson (pita@www1.wheelock.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 14:54:57 EST

Subject: e.coli levels in fresh water

    Dear Mr Garrett, i am doing a project to see whether humans are
polluting our local river. my question is, how do you sample E.coli levels
in a fresh water river to recieve the amount of E.coli in E.coli/liter? i
would much apprieciate it if you would be able to help, thank you.
jonathan Dodd

Dear Jonathan,

        While this is a very important project, I don't believe I am qualified to
help you since my expertise concerns whales. I suggest you contact your
county health dept. for guidance.

Howard Garrett
Tokitae Orca Conservation Foundation
2403 So. North Bluff Rd.