(no subject)

From: Peter M Scheifele (acousticp2@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 27 2000 - 18:02:30 EST

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 15:19:16 -0500 "Raymond D. Schaffer"
<RSchaffer@stny.rr.com> writes:
> Dear Sir,
> I have a very difficult homework question that I have no idea of the
> answer. Can you please give me your best explanation of how a baby
> whale can gain up to 200 lbs. a day. Thank you very much. And not
> to sound un-greatful but please hurry. Thank you again!
> Sincerly,
> Shana Schaffer

Dear Shana,

        I'm not a nutritionist however I do know that whale mother's milk is
very high in both fat and protein and is very concentrated stuff. The
calves need that to grow and survive. Tomorrow I'll check my sources at
my office at the University of Connecticut (where I work) and e-mail
another reply to you.

Best
Peter
Peter M. Scheifele