narwhale (fwd)

From: Mike Williamson (pita@www1.wheelock.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 08:59:19 EST

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 01:30:38 -0500
From: Peter M Scheifele <acousticp2@juno.com>
To: kej5509@ccp.com
Cc: kburnett@whale.wheelock.edum, pita@whale.wheelock.edu,
    ask@whale.wheelock.edu
Subject: narwhale

Dear Ken

I can give you some general information but you'd find more by getting a
copy of something like the Sierra Club Handbook of Whales and Dolphins.
After all, there is a lot to know about this species! Here are some
facts:

1- They are an Arctic species

2- They travel in herds that can be as large as hundreds of animals

3- The male's left front tooth grows out to a tusk-like proportion and
it is now believed that they duel with them.

Good Luck!

On Wed, 01 Mar 2000 20:36:11 -0600 Ken Johnson <kej5509@ccp.com> writes:
> I was want to know if I could get info on the Narwhale.
>
> Think you
> Ken
> Jonhson

Peter M. Scheifele