URGENT QUESTION Marine Biologist

From: Peter M Scheifele (acousticp2@juno.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 01:30:01 EST


Although I am not a marine biologist, I am a physical oceanographer and
the courses you need are similar. As an undergraduate, I recommend that
you do not specialize, but rather take a degree in biology then apply to
graduate school for marine biology. Good courses to have include a
semester of microbiology, organic chemistry, marine biology, mammalogy,
and numerous courses in statistics. As a graduate student, your pathway
will be made clear by the university.

Good luck, Peter

Peter M. Scheifele
129 Hunters Road, Norwich, CT 06360
860-405-9103; acousticp2@juno.com

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:40:12 EDT