oceanography report help

From: Peter M Scheifele (acousticp2@juno.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 16:16:21 EST

Hi Liz

My research regards the effects of anthropogenic (man made) noise on the
hearing of the Arctic and St. Lawrence beluga and the Humpback Whale in
the Gulf of Maine.

I measure ambient noise and apply draft audiological standards (based on
human hearing) to determine what is happenning in these places. I am
also doing hearing tests on whales incaptivity (Beluga).

The goal is to give the Canadian government so ways for us to coexist
with the whales without the whales going deaf.
Best
Dr. Pete

On Wed, 8 Mar 2000 21:06:33 EST Lizzie2287@aol.com writes:
> Hi, my name is Liz Martel, E-mailed you before for my friend heather
> she was
> sick but she found someone else so I was wondering if you could help
> me? Now
> I know that your probably very busy but we can give it a try. Now
> are you or
> any of your friends doing research on oceanography? What I have to
> do for a
> report is e-mail someone who can give me any research or information
> about
> oceanography. I am in Ms. Hopes sixth grade class at faucett
> vastavia. I have
> to do a presentation about a project that someone is doing about
> oceanography
> or to help the environment. Thank you for reading this please write
> back
> before Thursday at 7:00 AM. I thank you for your time. Sincerely Liz
> Rose

Peter M. Scheifele
129 Hunters Road, Norwich, CT 06360
860-405-9103; acousticp2@juno.com