Whalin Industry 1750-1850

From: Peter M Scheifele (acousticp2@juno.com)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 16:50:27 EST

There are books of info about this out there but I'm not familiar with
the titles. Try to contact Mystic Seaport at Mystic CT, Mystic aquarium
and look up the International whaling commission as well. Here are a few
of your answers.
gOOD LUCK

dR. pETE

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000 15:53:04 EST KrAZYPooF9@aol.com writes:
> Hi,
> Im in 7th grade but I need a little more advanced work. I dont have
> any
> specific question I need information on Whaling Industries.. This
> project
> takes while and Its due Monday!!! Everytime I write someone for
> information
> I get no responce hope you respond because your my only hope.
> NEW ENGLAND WHALING INDUSTRIES FROM 1750-1850
>
> Questions:
>
> - What is meant by the New England Whaling Industries?

ANY INDUSTRY THE REQUIRES WHALING TO MAKE PRODUCTS SUCH AS SHOE POLISH
PET FOOD, FOOD FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION, OIL, OR THE LIKE (IE- PRODUCTS
BASED ON WHALE PARTS)

> - Why was there a need for Whaling Industries?

EARLY ON WHALE OIL WAS A STAPLE IN LIGHTING PEOPLE'S HOMES AND THE PARTS
WERE USED TO MAKE EVERYTHING FROM SHOE POLISH TO PERFUME. LATER, WE
BEGAN TO SYNTHESIZE THESE PRODUCTS AND THE NEED FOR WHLING WAS NIL.
ALSO, MANY PEOPLES ON OUR PLANET EAT WHALE (A PRACTISE THAT IS NOT JUST
LIMITED TO INDIGINOUS TRIBES).

> WHat other industries did it conclude?

HUH?

> -******-Describe the impact THIS INDUSTRY had on the ENVIORNMENT?

IT PROVIDED A SPRINGBOARD FOR THE AGE OF INDUSTRY IN GENERAL BUT I'M NOT
UP ON THE SPECIFICS.

> *****Create a graph to compare the changes between 1750-1850 in the
> Whaling
> Industry..!!