name of calm water mark after whale dives

From: Kim Marshall (
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 10:46:40 EST

Question:>I would be *very* grateful if you could tell me something, which
is the name of the circle of (relatively) calm water that a whale's flukes
>behind on the surface of the water after it has dived. (If it has a name...)
Reply: Dear Patrick,
I believe it is called a "Foot Print". Thanks, Kim

Whale Conservation Institute/Ocean Alliance
191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA
(781) 259-0423

This archive was generated by hypermail 2b30 : Sat Aug 04 2001 - 10:40:12 EDT