Right Whales North Atlantic

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 17:00:11 EST

Questions: DEAR KIM, I PLAN TO BE VISITING THE MAINE COAST AREA UP TO NEW
BRUNSWICK WITH MY WIFE ON OR ABOUT 20 SEPTEMBER. WE ARE VERY INTERESTED IN
MAKING A TRIP TO SEE RIGHT WHALES AND WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD
ADVISE US OF THE BEST LOCATION FOR SIGHTINGS AT THAT TIME OF RIGHT WHALES
PARTICULARLY AS WELL AS OTHER SPECIES. WE WERE TOLD THAT THE AREA OFF THE
EAST COAST OF GRAND MANAN ISLAND IS BEST BUT ARE NOT SURE IF THIS
INFORMATION IS CORRECT. THANKING YOU FOR YOU KIND ATTENTION. GARY AND TALMA
ISRAEL

Reply: Dear Gary and Talma,
Please ask either the New England Aquarium or the Center for Coastal
Studies this question as I know they work with right whales in the Bay of
Fundy around that time but I am not sure of any details. WhaleNet has
links to these organizations. You can find them by searching the WhaleNet
or try their how to find section at
http://whale.wheelock.edu/howtofind.html
Good luck! Kim

Whale Conservation Institute/Ocean Alliance
191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA
(781) 259-0423
www.oceanalliance.org