mutating" algae

From: Kim Marshall (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 17:21:34 EST

> Question: I am a ninth grade student doing an experiment on the effect
>of electromagneic fields on algae. Some of my algae no longer has a round
>shape but now has an uneven, bulbous shape. Can you tell me what is
>actually happening to the algae? Is there a term to describe this? Is it
>a result of the electromagnetic fields? Please answer ASAP Thank you.

Reply: This question is out of my realm of knowledge but try find the link
to the New England Aquarium or other aquaria by searching WhaleNet's how to
find page at http://whale.wheelock.edu/howtofind.html. Good luck! Kim

Whale Conservation Institute/Ocean Alliance
191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA
(781) 259-0423
www.oceanalliance.org