Career

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 09:23:19 EDT

Hi.......

My name is Aimee Morencie. I am a 12 year old girl. I live in Windsor
Ontario,Canada. I go Prince Edward Public School (I am in 7th grade)I would
just like to say that I've wanted to be a marine biologist since I was 7
years old! Ever since I went to Sea World. I am proud to say that I know
EXACTLY what I would like to be when I grow up! There are a few things I
would like to ask you

1. What is it like to be a marine biologist
2.How do you get into marine biologist (what classes to take in high school
and collage)
3. Is there anything I can do to help right now?

Well thank you for your time get back soon
Aimee Morencie
*****************************
Hi Aimee,

Wow, that is exciting to already know what you want to be when you grow up.
I recommend that you check thru the WhaleNet site links. There are some
links for careers. An especially good one is from the Society for Marine
Mammalogy. All of the links answer questions 2 and 3 that you have.

As for what it's like to be a marine biologist, it really depends on what
you do at your job. Some marine biologists work inside in labs, while others
spend more time outdoors. Some work in offices, like me.

Good luck, and let me know if you have more questions.
Dagmar