Whaling

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 17:49:35 EDT

Hi, my name is lauren sorry

thank you for answering my two ?
the other two were my sisters ? (georgia)
on number 12 the ? is meaning this year.
these / are not a test they are for
my teacher, to help her on a project.

            lauren and georgia
***************
Hi Lauren and Georgia,

Nice of you to help your teacher! Whale meat, of course, is a big product
that both commercial and subsistence whaling are interested in. For the
people doing subsistence whaling, there is important cultural signficance to
the hunts as well. Whale parts may be used as art. I would recommend that
you check out a website for the International Whaling Commission and see if
you can find a good link for what products are used. Also, perhaps trying
'whaling' as the keyword using <www.yahoo.com> might turn up some
interesting information as well. This is a topic I really don't have a lot
of detail on.

Hope I helped a little though.

Dagmar