career

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 08:54:58 EDT

Dagmar,

Hi! Its me again I just want to ask you what do you do? And do
you like doing it? Well, I just want to tell you that do you have any info.
on your work if you do can you send it to me.

Your Friend
Parth Shah
******************************
Hi again, Parth!

I work for the U.S. government as a biologist. I do environmental assessment
work, which means for my job, I am looking to protect marine mammals and sea
turtles from any impacts of oil and gas drilling activities. I also help
design studies to look at effects of these activities, as well as
participate in studies to study whales and dolphins in the Gulf of Mexico. I
also do public outreach - speaking to school groups, doing a web page for
our office (I believe there's a link thru WhaleNet), and doing posters,
educational packets, and brochures for the office.

It depends on what my day is like as to whether I like my job. I like trying
to help protect the environment and the animals. Sometimes working in an
office is not very much fun, as compared to being on a boat on the ocean. On
the other hand, there are times that being in an office is a nice change of
pace. Just depends.

If you check out the link provided by WhaleNet, there is some information at
the website which talks about what I do at my job.

Thanks for being interested in what I do. The best part of my job is talking
to kids (of all ages) about whales and dolphins and why they're important.

Dagmar