Dolphin greeting; endangered; feeding

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 09:53:43 EDT

Dear Dagmar

I am interested in what dolphins do when they meet another dolphin. What is
the most endangered species of dolphins? How many times
does a dolphin get to eat if they don't find food at night time. Well tanks
for your time and if you know more things on them can you sent it to me.

Your Friend,
Parth Shah
Dear Parth,

1. It probably depends on whether the encounter between the dolphins is an
aggressive one, or just a 'how do you do' one. There is probably a lot of
whistling, body posturing (body language), and touching that happens.

2. The most endangered dolphin species is the Baiji, the Yangtze River
dolphin.

3. I'm not sure where you're going with this question about feeding.
Dolphins that feed on the deep scattering layer at night are not limited to
just feeding at night. They also feed during the day.