Question about whales

From: Phil Clapham (phillip.clapham@noaa.gov)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 14:02:12 EDT

Hi Tasha:

Gee, this is interesting. I've never had that question before in 20
years, and now I've had it twice in one week!

It's probably because dolphins (and whales) are a lot more padded than
we are, with fat. And in most cases they're not hitting the water from
any height.

Phil Clapham

--

Phillip J. Clapham, Ph.D. Large Whale Biology Program Northeast Fisheries Science Center 166 Water Street Woods Hole, MA 02543

tel (508) 495-2316 fax (508) 495-2066 Internet: phillip.clapham@noaa.gov