Breathing

From: Phil Clapham (phillip.clapham@noaa.gov)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:53:55 EDT

Hi:

LIke I said yesterday to someone else, the same way we do: carbon
dioxide (the gas you breath out) builds up in their system and triggers
a response to make them surface to breathe.

Phil

--

Phillip J. Clapham, Ph.D. Large Whale Biology Program Northeast Fisheries Science Center 166 Water Street Woods Hole, MA 02543

tel (508) 495-2316 fax (508) 495-2066 Internet: phillip.clapham@noaa.gov