Re: whales

From: CORE (core@coreresearch.org)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 11:25:43 EDT

Dear Rhina,

1- Yes, you heard correctly. The killer whale is the largest species of
dolphin.

2- The amount of time a whale spends underwater is dependent upon the
species and the activity that the animal is engaged in. Humpbacks are
thought to be capable of staying under for 30+ minutes, finback and blue
whales for 45+ minutes. However, the sperm whale is capable of diving to
depths greater than 2000m and is capable of staying submerged for an hour or
more.