blowhole size

From: CORE (core@coreresearch.org)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 15:37:12 EDT

Whales' blowholes differ according to the species. The larger the species,
the larger the blowholes! Each of a humpback whale's blowholes are
approximately 8-10 inches long (they have two blowholes). I'm not wholly
certain how large the blue whale's blowholes would be, but through
extrapolation, I would estimate them to be upwards of twice that of a
humpback's or 16-20 inches each.