Life of a marine mammal scientist

From: CORE (core@coreresearch.org)
Date: Mon May 22 2000 - 10:11:00 EDT

When a person becomes involved in marine mammal science, it can be difficult
to have a life outside of work! It is a matter of priorities, sometimes.
As I've gotten older, I find that I want more of a life outside of work.
However, when I was younger (just out of college, for example) all that
mattered was my job! As such, many scientists do field work for maybe 10
years or so, and then turn to more stable aspects of marine mammal science
later in their careers!