Sharks and killer whales

From: Phillip J. Clapham (pclapham@whsun1.wh.whoi.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 07:07:31 EDT

Hi:
Dont worry, you're not the first person to ask about whethr a killer whale
or a white shark would win an outcome between the two of them. It's never
been witnessed to my knowledge, and I suppose it would depend upon the
relative size of the two combatants. I doubt that anything in the ocean
could pose a threat to an adult male killer whale. But practically
speaking, since killer whales travel and hunt in groups and are (at least
relative to sharks) very smart animals, I'd definitely my money on the
orca!

Phil Clapham