Big things

From: Phil Clapham (phillip.clapham@noaa.gov)
Date: Mon Sep 11 2000 - 14:41:31 EDT

Hi:

I doubt it. Big things - even those that live in the deep - have to
show themselves occasionally, even if it is only the occasional record
on a beach somewhere (like the giant squid). I doubt that there is any
animal waiting to be discovered that approaches the size of the blue
whale.

Phil Clapham

--

Phillip J. Clapham, Ph.D. Large Whale Biology Program Northeast Fisheries Science Center 166 Water Street Woods Hole, MA 02543

tel (508) 495-2316 fax (508) 495-2258 Internet: phillip.clapham@noaa.gov