about dolphin live shows

From: Pieter Arend Folkens (animalbytes@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Oct 12 2000 - 13:14:51 EDT

> Hello Sir/Madam I am nandakumar mailing from bangalore karnataka state
>india country.I need a information about dolphin shows.I would like to
>conduct a dolphin live shows around india to create awareness among the
>people about dolphins.please send us detail about the shows and contact
>address.And also send information about requirements to conduct
>shows.please reply this mail as early as possibl.I am waiting ur reply.
>
>my contact address:
>
>Nanda Kumar B # 497,3rd cross,
>8th main road vijaynagar
> bangalore
> karnataka india-560040
> ph: 91-080-3305205
> mobile:91-080-98440296447

Dear Nanda Kumar:

It is good that you wish to create awareness about dolphins in your
country, especially considering that the Ganges River Dolphin is so
endangered.

I need to be clear of an important aspect of your request. Are you
considering an audio-visual program on dolphins or a show of live dolphins?
An audio-visual program is relatively easy to make. There is plenty of
existing material -- videos, films, transparency slides, posters, and so
on. A traveling show of live dolphins is another matter altogether. Oceanic
dolphins such as one is likely to see in a marine theme park require
relatively cold water. Moving the refrigeration equipment around to keep
the dolphins comfortable would itself be prohibitive.

Cheers,

Pieter Folkens

   \\|
    \|