Whale beachings

From: NAMMACETA@aol.com
Date: Mon Oct 16 2000 - 16:08:03 EDT

Hello:

I have attended very few strandings. They are not at all common north of
Cape Cod. For your detailed information on numbers of strandings and the
current trends, I would suggest that you contact scientists like Dr. Jim Mead
at Smithsonian in Washington, DC. He in turn, may be able to refer you to
others who work at stranding centers where such data is compiled.
You might contact Richard Sears at The Mingan Islands Cetacean Study (MICS)
in the Gulf of St. Lawrence. rsblues@polysoft.com for information from
that region.
Good luck in your efforts!