whales - endangered

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Nov 13 2000 - 10:11:43 EST

Why are whales endangered and what are they doing to protect them?
Many reasons. Whaling, overfishing of their food, being hit by ships, etc.
By "they", I assume you mean government agencies, etc. and not the whales
themselves. I recommend that you take a look thru the WhaleNet website and
links. I know that this question has been asked numerous times in the past,
and that there are good links to government websites like "Office of
Protected Resources, National Marine Fisheries Service". If you have a more
specific question after doing some sleuthing on your own, we at WhaleNet
would be happy to help you.