Marine biology Careers

From: Kim Marshall-Tilas (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Wed Dec 20 2000 - 09:31:07 EST

Reply:
Dear Amanda,
The job market for marine biologists/oceanographers is a far cry from
the high tech market of today but as environment and the oceans
issues become more of a priority the job market will grow. I don't
have specific statistical numbers but I know from experiences that
several students and past volunteers and interns do get hired in this
field. Please check out the career page on WhaleNet as it lists many
different areas to investigate if you are serious about pursuing a
marine related career.
I became a biologist while working for this non-profit organization
and although the administrative work is plentiful I do get time in
the field.
Good luck!
Kim

Question: