chemistry

From: Greg Early (gearly@neaq.org)
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 11:15:24 EST

Jessica,

If I were you I'd be sweating too. I tanked one semester of Chemistry in
college (Organic as I recall) and I am still not fond of the stuff.
HOWEVER... during the first part of my career at the New England Aquarium I
was in charge of and ran the lab that ran water Chemistry for the husbandry
departments...so I did Chemistry every day for about ten years...after
that, while I was working on rehabilitating animals we did quite a bit of
diagnostic work on blood, doing tests that were....Chemistry again.... It
is not that all jobs with marine mammals have to do with Chemistry. I am
sure there are some folks out there that never touch the stuff. It just
seems like I am particularly plagued by the subject.

 I will tell you one thing, however, once I NEEDED to know Chemistry, and I
had a good reason to understand it, and it related to something that I was
interested in, I learned what I needed to know and managed pretty well.

good luck,

ge