Re: harbour Seal Information

From: Pieter Arend Folkens (animalbytes@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 02:16:15 EST

>You might try contacting someone in the science department of the Marine
>Mammal Center in Sausalito, CA. Their URL is www.tmmc.org

Sandy:

Thanx for your contribution.

There appears to be a bit of confusion in this question. The title of the
original inquiry mentioned harbor seals, but the body of the message
mentioned harbor porpoises. From what I can discern from the message, the
question focused on harbor porpoises.

I am on the TMMC netted animal water rescue team (instructor and team
leader) and they utilize my boat for their whale research when the grays
are in the bay. They have not been involved in a harbor porpoise stranding
in some time (many years), and I doubt they have information regarding
migratory patterns.

Cheers,

Pieter Folkens

   \\|