Manatee Tracking

From: Save the Manatee (education@savethemanatee.org)
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 10:12:31 EST

Hi Hailey,

Thanks for your e-mail message. As far as I know, there is no research
organization that is actively tracking manatees online. The Florida Marine
Research Institute (FMRI) tracks manatees on the west coast of Florida and
the U.S. Geological Survey, Sirenia Project, tracks them on the east coast
of Florida. Here are links to both organizations and the information on
tracking manatees that they have available:

The FMRI Manatee Tracking page:
http://www.floridamarine.org/features/view_article.asp?id=3516

The Sirenia Project page:
http://www.fcsc.usgs.gov/Manatees/manatees.html