Florida, whales

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 14:46:04 EST

Help! I live on the Florida coast, grew up in Maine, and could swear that I just spotted a whale. Who do I contact???

Eeek! You're so lucky! But seriously, there are whales out your way. As for reporting the whale sighting, it depends on how much information you have. Were you able to see much of the whale, or did you see it from offshore? Where in Florida do you live? Someone at National Marine Fisheries Service in Miami can be contacted to help you out. I think that the general number is: 305-361-4487.

I'm assuming you live on the east coast of Florida? Whales have been seen off both coasts of Florida.

Let me know if you have additional questions,

Dagmar