Is fish meat?

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 11 2001 - 21:38:05 EST

Dear Ms. Fertl,

I don't know if you have time to answer a question for me, but me and my roommate are having an argument about something. She gave up "meat" for Lent and says though that she can still eat fish products. I have always thought that fish was considerded "meat." Is it? Can you please clear this up for us?

Thank you for your time,
Carol Bradley

Astoria, NY

Ah, a sticky question. I consider any animal flesh to be meat. There are many 'vegetarians' out there also who say that they don't eat meat, but eat seafood. I guess it all depends on how you define it for yourself.