whales - live, eat, color, etc

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Mar 15 2001 - 21:05:16 EST

Hello!
I'm Caroline , I'm 10 years old .
I study English at Yázigi Internexus .
What's your name?
Where do whales come  from ? Where do whales live ? What do Whales eat?
What color are whales ?

               Bye!

Hi Caroline,

My name is Dagmar Fertl (There might even still be some information about me at the WhaleNet website). Not sure what you mean by where do whales come from. They are mammals, so they are born like you and I are. They live in the ocean. Where a certain whale lives depends on its type. Some live in very warm waters, others in very cold waters. Some live half the year in one type, the other half the year in another. What whales eat depends on which type you mean. There are toothed whales, like the sperm whale and dolphins, which eat fish and squid. The baleen whales, like the blue and humpback whales, eat krill (plankton) and small fishes. The color of whales depends on which species you are talking about, but they can be black, white, gray, and even a brownish color.

Dagmar