Killer Wales as an endangered species

From: Peter M Scheifele (acousticp2@juno.com)
Date: Sat Mar 24 2001 - 22:31:43 EST

Hi Heather

Killer whales (Orcinus orca) are not endangered. They inhabit most of
the world's oceans but I don't know their current stock assessment. The
best thing people can do is to read about them go see them and learn
about them to protect them.
Best
Peter

On Sat, 24 Mar 2001 18:43:24 EST Sweetnspicytoo@aol.com writes:
> Hi,
> I have a question for you about killer wales. I would like to
> know if
> they are an endangered species and how many killer wales exsist
> today and
> what are things that people can do to help save the killer wales. My
> class
> went on a fieldtrip to SeaWorld in Orlando, Florida and i've been
> interested
> in Killer Wales since. Thank You , Heather

Peter M."Skip" Scheifele LCDR USN (Ret.)
Director of Bioacoustic Research, University of Connecticut NURC NA&GL
(Voice) 860-405-9103/9121; acousticp2@juno.com;
scheifel@uconnvm.uconn.edu
www.nurc.uconn.edu
http://ap.nurc.uconn.edu/cos/