narwhal pictures

From: Erich Hoyt (e.hoyt@virginnet.co.uk)
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 13:12:39 EDT

From: "briner-family" <briner-family@mediaone.net>
To: <e.hoyt@virginnet.co.uk>, <pita@whale.wheelock.edu>
Date: Fri, Apr 6, 2001, 3:11 PM

Where can I find a picture of a Norwall Whale?

There are good photos of narwhals in various whale & dolphin guidebooks,
such as The Nature Company Guide to Whales Dolphins & Porpoises (Carwardine
et al, 1998). There's also a good book on narwhals by Fred Bruemmer, called
simply The Narwhal. Some of the best images I've seen are by Flip Nicklin
and have appeared in National Geographic as well as in a book he did with
James Darling about ten years ago. You could probably turn up most of the
above at a reasonable public library. Good luck!