Experiments with whales & dolphins

From: Erich Hoyt (e.hoyt@virginnet.co.uk)
Date: Sun Apr 15 2001 - 12:41:50 EDT

From: "Raymond Lau" <Raymond_Lau@msn.com>
To: <e.hoyt@virginnet.co.uk,pita@whale.wheelock.edu>
Subject: first time to say "hi"
Date: Fri, Apr 13, 2001, 1:49 PM

Hi. This is Jessica here, asking if you could give me some experiments to
use for my science project. I alredy have one, but it doesn't seem
intresting.

Dear Jessica,

I need to know more about your science project, what kind of experiments you
are able to do (do they have to be inside or can they be outside, for
example) and what the assignment was to see if there is anything that I can
think of that has to do with whales and dolphins. Are these actual
experiments to discover or prove some outcome, or are they supposed to be
demonstrations of something?

Obviously most whale and dolphin experiments take place out at sea or in an
aquarium or a very, very large lab! But possibly there would be some
experiment, in the sense of a demonstration, that you could think of that
would show in a small model something that whales do, such as making sounds,
swimming through the water, leaping, etc.

Hope this gets you thinking, and I wish you good luck,

Erich Hoyt