Re: Woman Marine Scientist

From: Cathy Schaeff (schaeff@american.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 26 2001 - 16:31:22 EDT

Hi,

I suspect your teacher is referring to Eugenie Clark from the University of Maryland (http://www.life.umd.edu/faculty/clark.html). Check out the web site and see if she is the correct age.

Cathy Schaeff
    -----Original Message-----
    From: Pei Chi Chou <Peter> <pchou227@msn.com>
    To: schaeff@american.edu <schaeff@american.edu>; pita@whale.wheelock.edu <pita@whale.wheelock.edu>
    Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2001 9:56 PM
    Subject: Woman Marine Scientist

    Hi:
    My name is Chloe Chou. I am in second grade at the Agnes Irwin's School in Villanova, Pennsylvania. My science teacher, Dr. McDowell, gave us a science question to research. The question is, "Who is the best known American woman marine scientist in the world today? She has dived in various submersibles, lived in undersea labs, and developed new marine equipment." Dr. McDowell told us that she is 65 years old. If you know the answer, please e-mail me at pchou227@msn.com.
    Thank you