Skeletal System of Whales (fwd)

From: pita admininstrator (pita@www1.wheelock.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 18:47:51 EDT

Adam,

I wasn't able to track down any web sites for you with whale skeletal info.
I did find a number of references that might be helpful. They are listed
below. I'll try again with a web search but wanted to get back to you with
something.

Cathy Schaeff

Skeletal growth of aquatic organisms : biological records of environmental
change / edited by Donald C. Rhoads and Richard A. Lutz QL120 S727 1980
New York : Plenum Press, c1980

Adaptation to environment : essays on the physiology of marine animals
/edited by R.C. Newell.
London ; Boston : Butterworths, 1976 QL121 A221

Winn, Howard Elliott, 1926-
Behavior of marine animals; current perspectives in research, edited by
Howard E. Winn and Bori L. Olla
New York, Plenum Press, 1972-<c1984 > QL121 B419 1984

 Nicol, J. A. Colin (Joseph Arthur Colin), 1915-
The biology of marine animals
New York, Interscience Publishers [1960] QL121 N634