Whales and Watching

From: Jennifer Philips (jphilips@hawaii.edu)
Date: Wed May 02 2001 - 16:20:52 EDT

I was wondering if you could tell me where an interesting place to watch
whales would be in the month of September. There is an enormous amount of
information about whales in the site and I would like to know where to
begin. I would like to take a trip - somewhere in the world - in
September in a few years time and would like to study the type of whales
that I will be seeing beforehand.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ann Venables.

----------

Anna,

Take a look at this site. It covers whale watching spots all over the world,
including the best times of year to find whales at each spot.
http://www.cetacea.org/watch.htm

Generally, Australia and New Zealand would be good spots for September.
Whales in the Southern Hemisphere winter and migrate along the coasts of
Australia and New Zealand during the months surrounding September. Alaska in
September is also a good time - whales leave the feeding waters up there and
start heading south for breeding during September.

Good luck finding a good spot!
Jen