Whale organ pictures

From: Jennifer Philips (jphilips@hawaii.edu)
Date: Thu May 03 2001 - 02:20:20 EDT

My daughter has a school project where she needs to find pictures of the
different organs a whale can have. This is a three-part project where we
first had to find information on where and how the gray whales migrate. The
second part consisted of drawing the the skeleton of the whale and the
outside of the whale where she used fabric to simulate the texture of the
whale's skin. Now, she needs to find pictures of the organs of a whale.
If you can help me find this information, I will greatly appreciated. Thank
you

Becky

---------------

Becky,

I don't have access to pictures of whale internal organs myself. I have been
involved in stranding networks in the past, and I know that they take and
probably have access to pictures from necropsies (autopsies on animals) of
stranded whales and dolphins. You might try contacting the National Marine
Fisheries Service, the agency that manages regional stranding networks.
Their mail address is NOAA Fisheries, 1315 East West Highway, SSMC3, Silver
Spring, MD 20910, their email is cyber.fish@noaa.gov. Remember, also, that
you might have luck searching the Whalenet site. Try the "How to Find" site
on Whalenet at http://whale.wheelock.edu/howtofind.html.

I hope you find what you're looking for!
Jen Philips