Orca Whales

From: Jennifer Philips (jphilips@telocity.com)
Date: Thu May 10 2001 - 03:02:50 EDT

Hello--
I am supposed to answer a question about an animal, and I chose the orca
whale. I cannot find the answer to this question, so please help me!!!

What type of shelter does it need (nest, burrow, den, rock, etc.)?

Thank you!!!!!!!!

Orcas do not use any shelter like the ones you listed. Their only shelter is
closeness with others in their pod. Orcas travel in tightly bonded family
groups, and maintain constant contact with each other through the use of
highly specialized communication calls. Even when they cannot see each other
directly, they can hear each other. This closeness provides protection, and
thus shelter, in a way.

Thanks for your question,
Jen Philips