Re: Question

From: Nancy Sadusky (education@savethemanatee.org)
Date: Thu Oct 18 2001 - 09:07:20 EDT

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your e-mail message about the interaction of Blue Whales and people. Unfortunately, my area of expertise is manatees, not whales. However, if you access the following WhaleNet pages, you may find your answer:

Search Whalenet: http://whale.wheelock.edu/Search.html

Species/Classification information page: http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/classifications.html

Sound page: http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/sounds/

Behavior page: http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/classifications.html

Regarding your question on finding work with animals, if you go to the following page on the WhaleNet site, you will find several links to information with career advice: http://whale.wheelock.edu/whalenet-stuff/ed_resources.html In particular, the Society for Marine Mammalogy has an excellent Web site with career advice for people interested in working with marine mammals.

Sincerely,
Nancy Sadusky
Communications Director
Save the Manatee Club