i need some information about whales on danger

From: Greg Early (gregearly@downeast.net)
Date: Thu Nov 08 2001 - 10:14:09 EST

Dunia,

Look at the attached web site. I think you are looking for information on a
conflict between companies that wanted to build salt producing plants in
Laguna San Ignacio. In January 1995, the Grupo de los Cien (Group of 100)
started a protest against this development that they felt would endanger the
grey whale population that uses that lagoon for breeding. As I recall the
plants were never built, although there was some fear that development would
begin at another location (Scammons lagoon) also a grey whale breeding site.

http://www.earthisland.org/eijournal/fall2000/fe_fall2000whales.html

ge