marine biology education/jobs

From: Pieter Arend Folkens (animalbytes@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 13:46:26 EST

>i am in the tenth grade and i am wondering what i can do with a
>bachelors degree in marine sciences or biology? i would like to work
>with marine scientists in the field and laboratory?

Would you like to work with marine scientists, or be a marine scientist?

There are many people working out there in the marine sciences with
only a bachelors degree, though I would encourage you to go for a
masters. The more education you have, the more opportunities will be
available to you. The more choices you have, the happier and more
satisfied you will be.

The website for the Society for Marine Mammalogy has a page dedicated
to careers in marine biology. I suggest you visit that site for more
particular information on specific job opportunities.

Cheers,

Pieter Folkens

--
    \ |/