Whaling

From: Dagmar Fertl (dagmar_fertl@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2002 - 10:42:09 EST

Q: I am doing a chosen project on whales and whaling for English, and was wondering if you could e-mail me back with some information. I would like varied infomation, such as:

a.. FACT FILE ON WHALES

b.. FACTS ON WHALING - (where it takes place, when it was started, who does it etc.)

I would greatly appreciate it, so I can get a good grade.

My e-mail address is:
beth@knoxtribe.f2s.com

Please e-mail me as soon as you can, preferably before Sunday 10th March 2002 (Mother's Day).

Thank you in advance for your help. I will send you a proper thank you e-mail afterwards.

Yours,

Elizabeth A Knox

(Year 8 Student in Northallerton, England)

Hi Elizabeth,

Mother's Day in the U.S. is not until May, so I'm glad you wrote that you're from England. I would recommend that you check in your library and do some online searches about whaling on the Internet to get the background information you are looking for. Your question is very broad, so it is not easy to answer in an email. People have written many books on the topic of whaling, so you should have no problem locating some information. Additionally, the Whale and Dolphin Conservation Society (WDCS) is located in the U.K., so I recommend that you ask them if they have any information packets to help you get started on your project. I would also suggest looking thru the WhaleNet archives (located at the WhaleNet website) and look at past questions regarding whaling that might give you some more information. On a final note, I'd like to let you know that there are countries that do still do whaling. WDCS can provide you with more information on that. Good luck!

Dagmar