Whale ID Book

From: Kim Marshall-Tilas (kimm@oceanalliance.org)
Date: Thu May 23 2002 - 11:51:45 EDT

Question:
Dear Kim,
 First of all the web site is fascinating! My company is doing a film shoot
this weekend and my boss just asked me to get images of all whale & dolphin
species of which he thinks there are 81. I checked your question & answer
 section and see that there are about 80 different species of cetaceans.
 What I'm looking for is a resource that has images of all of these species.
Do you know of any such book? Your web site said that you have worked with
 Dr. Roger Payne--actually, he is involved in this PBS project we are
working on. Appreciate any help you can give. Thanks.

Reply:
Hello, thank you for your kind words about our web site www.pbs.org/odyssey
and the WhaleNet site at http://whale.wheelock.edu. We are very proud to
be associated with PBS!

Regarding a good cetacean resource book, I suggest the following books:
Eyewitness Handbooks - "Whales, Dolphins, and Porpoises, The Visual Guide to
all the world's cetaceans", by Mark Carwardine
And/or
"The Sierra Club Handbook of Whales and Dolphins", by Stephen Leatherwood
and Randall Reeves.
Good luck with your film shoot.
Kim

Kim Marshall-Tilas
Executive Director
Ocean Alliance
(Encompassing the Whale Conservation Inst. & the Voyage of the Odyssey)
191 Weston Road, Lincoln, MA 01773
781-259-0423 x 14 fax: 781-259-0288
www.oceanalliance.org www.pbs.org/odyssey