monogamy in mammals

From: Phil Clapham (phillip.clapham@noaa.gov)
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:32:42 EDT

    Very very few! I seem to recall a scientific paper being published
    years ago about monogamy in some kind of shrew, but I dont recall which
    species. Monogamy is more common among birds, though not as common as
    people used to think before DNA analysis allowed them to test paternity!

    --

    Phillip J. Clapham, Ph.D. Large Whale Biology Program Northeast Fisheries Science Center 166 Water Street Woods Hole, MA 02543, U.S.A.

    tel. 508 495-2316 fax 508 495-2066 email: pclapham@whsun1.wh.whoi.edu