monogamy in mammals

From: Phil Clapham (
Date: Mon Sep 09 2002 - 15:32:42 EDT

    Very very few! I seem to recall a scientific paper being published
    years ago about monogamy in some kind of shrew, but I dont recall which
    species. Monogamy is more common among birds, though not as common as
    people used to think before DNA analysis allowed them to test paternity! wrote:
    > <PRE>Are there any mammals which are monogamous? Thanks Liv

    Phillip J. Clapham, Ph.D. Large Whale Biology Program Northeast Fisheries Science Center 166 Water Street Woods Hole, MA 02543, U.S.A.

    tel. 508 495-2316 fax 508 495-2066 email: